- Online marketing – could be social media, email marketing, SEO, advertising
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Web developer/programmer
- Creative design
- Web research
- Audio and video production
- Writer, copywriter, editor
- Website usability testing – this takes little experience. Here is a list of websites that offer usability testing jobs.
- Data entry – this takes little to no experience. Here is a list of some of the best data entry jobs
- Influencer – If you build a following on social media or some platform where you are getting a lot of attention, you can get paid for advertising products.
- Tutoring – become a tutor on sites like tutor.com or Chegg
- Make art or crafts – Etsy
- Sell your pictures – here is an article on some great places to sell your pictures
If you want to learn a freelance skill, there are tons of resources out there to help you learn. You can use Lynda.com, Udemy, or if you want something free, there is always YouTube and good ol’ Google to answer your questions.
To get people to hire you for projects, you can use freelance websites such as Thumbtack, Upwork, and Freelancer.
- One option for getting WiFi is to get an unlimited data plan for your cell phone, then use your phone as a hotspot to use your laptop.
- When you’re out in remote locations, a cell signal will be hard to find. Using a cell signal booster with an extended antenna is a great thing to have.
weBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster and Extended Antenna
- To find places with free WiFi near you, you can use an app like Boingo, which allows you to narrow down your location by type such as a school, restaurant, business, venue, or public space. You can also sort by the name of the hotspot, the specific address, city, and nearest to you. When you walk into a WiFi location, Boingo will automatically connect you to the WiFi, so there’s no need to figure out the correct network and password. WiFi speed and security is always an issue when using public WiFi, but Boingo uses their own secure connection so you don’t have to worry about any issues. Boingo will cost you just a few bucks per month.
Boingo has a free option that simply allows you to search for WiFi spots in a specific city or address, but it won’t come with a secure connection and any other fancy features.
Here is an infographic from rottenwifi.com that shows fast food chains with the fastest WiFi: